Tuesday, June 15, 2010

What do you call my apartment?

A HOSTEL!

so it has officially become the running joke amongst us pre-ulpaners that my apartment is a youth hostel since it is where everyone seems to crash and hang out. This has proven to have many pro's and con's. It is hard to be around the same people for almost the entire day. I have found myself spending less and less time at my apartment and keeping busy during the day.
School is going really well. So far it all seems like a review of what I learned in college so that is really nice. We have our first exam on Thursday so I am curious to see how that will go. I went to the mall today to buy some colored pens and a folder in order to help me stay organized during the year...we will see how long that actually lasts.
More excitement in Jerusalem last night. As Ryan, Nina, Laura and I were walking home from dinner at Beit Ticho we were stopped on King George by the bomb squad. At this point I'm thinking clearly bad things in Jerusalem only happen when I am around. After listening to much rambling in Hebrew and people on the sidewalk being yelled at on the megaphone by the bomb squad to not walk any further we hear a loud BOOM! Apparently in Israel if there is any kind of bag or suspicious item left somewhere the bomb squad is called to destroy (blow up) the item. While this event could frighten some, it actually was rather comforting to me. Israel is clearly not taking any chances.
Unfortunately due to my crazy class schedule and go go go days I haven't been able to take any new photos. Hopefully this weekend I will go on some more crazy adventures and share them all with you by photo assistance.
GREAT NEWS! I am officially and auntie...again! Welcome Braden Jason McCabe. Born Monday June 14, 2010 at 9:42 am! He is super cute! I am so sad I won't be able to meet him for another year :( Maybe that just gives the fam a reason to come to Israel!
Anyhoo, about to eat a phenom dinner prepared by the lovely Nina, and handsome Mike, Ryan and Steven! Miss you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment