Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Made it Through the Heat Wave

Here we are, finally sitting in an apartment and not sweating!! Yesterday afternoon Jerusalem finally broke through the brutal heatwave we had and it is absolutely beautiful out! Too bad I don't get to enjoy it since I have an exam tomorrow. I am not too worried about the exam though....I got a 96% on the quiz I had on tuesday!! Yay for me! Nothing too exciting is going on, just lots of school work.
Last night I made lemon chicken for dinner and it was AH-MA-ZING! If you want the recipe I am not sure I am ready to give it out yet so you might just have to wait.
Alex, my electrician came yesterday and hopefully fixed the washer (I haven't tried it out yet) and my doorbell. There was an attempt to fix the dishwasher but after it running for about 3 mins water starting pouring out from behind it. I think it's safe to conclude that there is something wrong with the dishwasher.
Ryan, a friend of mine that I met from Just for a Day is here in Israel so we are just hanging out at my apartment. Ryan is spending the summer at the southern tip of the galilee doing an archeological dig. Again, it is nice to see a familiar face.
For those of you keeping tabs, Janece didn't take me to a meal at the King David, but she did take me out for falafel and ice cream....at this point, I will take whatever I can get.
Also, I found out last night that I can still apply for a Masa scholarship for living expenses here in Israel. So I filled out the application last night and should know soon. If I get it I will be receiving a $4,500 scholarship. So I will definitely keep everyone posted about that. Well, I hope everyone has a great day! love you all and miss you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment