Thursday, June 17, 2010

First Graduate School Exam

So the day finally arrived...taking my first exam in graduate school. All in all I think I did very well. I won't not my grade until Sunday, but I don't think I have anything to worry about. Today in Jerusalem I think it is the hottest it has been since I have gotten here, or it could be that I am wearing pants and a thicker t-shirt.
It was very exciting today because I got to see Cantor Cohen. For those of you that don't know who that is, she was the Cantor I got to do my Cantorial Internship with. Her and her son are here and staying at Beit Shmuel. Beit Shmuel is a nice hostel that is connected to HUC. So this evening I will be meeting her and Zach (her son) on Ben Yehuda street for dinner...she said if I'm lucky she will treat me to a meal at the King David Hotel, lets all keep our fingers crossed.
Since it has been getting hotter and hotter here everyday I had to buy a fan to use in my room at night. It has definitely help me sleep through the nights comfortably. Yesterday I purchased a pair of Naot's the Israeli form of Birkenstocks and I really like them...I just have to break them in a little bit more.
Today I did some major cleaning. I cleaned the entire kitchen! I also am doing my first load of laundry here at the apartment. I have been so nervous about using the washer and dryer since it is all in Hebrew and nothing like the washer and dryer back at the sorority house, I waited till the last minute to get up the courage to use it. I hope nothing shrinks! (if it does I guess it just means I will have to go on a shopping spree...donations welcome :D )
I have made my lunch for school every day but one and the one day I didn't I went and bought a sandwich that wasn't even very good....so that just means I will be making my lunch every day!! I hope I can be creative enough that I won't get bored with my meals.
I have been late to school for the past two days because there has been soooo much traffic on King David. Yesterday someone famous was out and about on the streets and today there was some kind of protest, so I am going to give the buses one last chance on Sunday and if there is a lot of traffic again I will be wearing my walking shoes to school rather than my very stylish flats.
I am very excited because tomorrow I get to sleep in! I even wrote down on my calendar sleep, just to make sure I took the time to do so. Having school everyday at 8:30 is something I haven't experienced in a long time, and I am definitely not quite used to it yet. Knowing me, it won't be something I will ever get used to.
I'm not sure what the plans are for this evening other than dinner with Cantor Cohen. I am kind of hoping for a relaxing evening since I am pooped. Also, I need to get the apartment ready for when Ben comes and moves in. Ben and Sara have been kicked out of their apartment for the month since the owners come every year during this time for 3 weeks....this means sara and ben have to move out. It will actually be nice having ben here I am very excited. And the place sara is staying at is just around the corner! Party every night!!!!
Well off to do more cleaning....I think I need to hire a cleaning lady, again, donations welcome :)
xoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Jaqui...cleaning....WHAT????? Sorry I'm broke, so I can't loan you any money for clothes or cleaning!!! And Jac-O...8am's not too bad...my clinical starts at 7:00am and is 1 hour away....do you know what this means....I WAKE UP A 4:45AM....who does that????? Anyways I have A LOT of catching up to do with you! Please call....I miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete